Jon Pardi revealed the track list, songwriters and artwork for his upcoming third studio album, Heartache Medication, which will drop on Sept. 27.
The 14-song offering, which was co-produced by Jon, Bart Butler and Ryan Gore, features a bevy of top songwriters, including Natalie Hemby, Dean Dillon, Rhett Akins and more. Jon co-wrote seven of the tracks.
In addition, Lauren Alaina’s vocals are featured on “Don’t Blame It On Whiskey,” a tune that was co-penned by Eric Church, Miranda Lambert, Michael Heeney and Luke Laird.
Heartache Medication Track List & Songwriters
“Old Hat” (Jeff Hyde, Matt Jenkins and Ryan Tyndell)
- “Heartache Medication” (Jon Pardi, Barry Dean and Natalie Hemby)
- “Nobody Leaves A Girl Like That” (Bart Butler, Marv Green and Jimmy Yeary)
- “Ain’t Always The Cowboy” (Brandon Kinney and Josh Thompson)
- “Me And Jack” (Jon Pardi, Rhett Akins, Bart Butler and Luke Laird)
- “Don’t Blame It On Whiskey (Featuring Lauren Alaina)” (Eric Church, Michael Heeney, Luke Laird and Miranda Lambert)
- “Tied One On” (Bart Butler, Chase McGill and Jamie Paulin)
- “Oughta Know That” (Jon Pardi, Bart Butler and Luke Laird)
- “Tequila Little Time” (Jon Pardi, Rhett Akins and Luke Laird)
- “Buy That Man A Beer” (Clint Daniels, Justin Lantz and John Pierce)
- “Call Me Country” (Jon Pardi, Bart Butler and Driver Williams)
- “Just Like Old Times” (Jon Pardi, Jeff Hyde and Michael Heeney)
- “Love Her Like She’s Leaving” (Bart Butler, Dean Dillon and Jessie Jo Dillon)
- “Starlight” (Jon Pardi, Bart Butler and Jeffrey Steele)
On June 3, Jon will ship the album’s title track to country radio as his lead single. Co-written by Jon, Barry Dean and Natalie Hemby, “Heartache Medication” finds the singer drowning his sorrows at a dive bar.
“The single ‘Heartache Medication’ has an ’80s George Strait ‘Fool Hearted Memory’ feel to it, and is something people can dance to,” says Jon. “That’s something I really wanted for this album. There really are no sad songs on this record—it covers a range of subjects, but is ultimately about moving on, and having a good time.”
Jon will launch his Heartache Medication Tour with back-to-back shows at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium on Oct. 2 and 3, followed by additional stops in Milwaukee, Seattle, San Diego, Phoenix and more. Riley Green will serve as direct support.
Ticket pre-sale began on May 28, with tickets to the general public going on sale on May 31. Every online ticket purchase will come with one Heartache Medication CD.
Heartache Medication Tour Dates
Oct. 01 | Nashville, TN | Ryman Auditorium
Oct. 02 | Nashville, TN | Ryman Auditorium
Oct. 04 | Minneapolis, MN | The Armory
Oct. 05 | Milwaukee, WI | Eagle’s Ballroom*
Oct. 10 | Oklahoma City, OK | The Criterion
Oct. 11 | Houston, TX | White Oak Music Hall
Oct. 12 | Helotes, TX | Floores Country Store*
Oct. 24 | Seattle, WA | Paramount Theatre
Oct. 25 | Boise, ID | Revolution Concert House and Event Center
Oct. 26 | Salt Lake City, UT | The Depot*
Oct. 31 | Phoenix, AZ | Comerica Theatre*
Nov. 1 | San Diego, CA | Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre*
Nov. 2 | Bakersfield, CA | Rabobank Theater
*Does not include Riley Green; support to be announced soon
photo by Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com