Y’all. The holiday season is FINALLY here! There are so many fun holiday themed activities to do in Nashville to help you get in the holiday spirit. Below is a list of 9 of our favorite holiday happenings.
- ICE! Featuring Dr. Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas: This is a magical experience. Every year Gaylord Opryland takes you through an indoor winter wonderland. Last year was Charlie Brown themed, this year it’s Grinch themed. While it’s a chilly 9 degrees throughout the exhibit, they give you warm coats. There are over 2 million pounds of colorful ice sculptures hand carved by 40 artisans from all over the world. There’s even a two ice slides and that you can take a ride down! This is an activity that is fun for the whole family!
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze: Another magical Gaylord Opryland event that is back this year! The critically acclaimed Broadway musical features 50 awe-inspiring performances with colossal costumes and is something that everyone will enjoy.
- Drive-Thru Dancing Lights: With over two million lights dancing to music on the radio, The Dancing Lights of Christmas is back for yet another year. This year, the Dancing Lights are hosted at the James E. Ward Agricultural Center (which also is home to the Wilson County Fair). More information can be found here!
- A Christmas Story at TPAC: If your favorite holiday movie is A Christmas Story, this is for you! This is the final year the performance will be at the Andrew Johnson Theater so don’t miss your chance to see it. Grab tickets here!
- Nashville’s Nutcracker: A holiday classic, The Nutcracker is performed by The Nashville Ballet now through December 23rd. There are over a dozen performances to choose from where you can see characters like the Sugar Plum Fairy and the Evil Mouse King. Tickets can be bought here.
- Holiday LIGHTS at Cheekwood: With over a million twinkling lights, Holiday LIGHTS at Cheekwood is back! This event is timed and ticketed – so you’ll have to plan accordingly. There will be real reindeer, a s’mores pit, holiday carolers, Santa, gingerbread workshops, and cash bars with wine, beer and hot cocoa. This is sure to get you in the holiday spirit!
- Ice Skating at Ascend: That’s right, you can go ice skating at Ascend Amphitheater in Downtown Nashville! For the next six weeks, the ice skating rink is open. The ice is on the stage – which is covered which means you can skate rain, snow or shine!
- Christmas Cruise on The General Jackson: This holiday season, you can experience the elegance of a Music City Christmas aboard the General Jackson Showboat! The show features Christmas classics by artists such as Bing Crosby and Nat King Cole. Put on your holiday best and climb aboard! Details can be found here!
- An Elvis Christmas with the Nashville Symphony: Celebrate the holiday season with The King! Veteran singer Terry Mike Jeffrey and his band join The Nashville Symphony for a one of a kind celebration and all your favorite renditions of Elvis’ holiday songs!